Sunday, January 13, 2013

breakfast omelette


I have never been very big on breakfasting. I do like the idea of having a relaxing time in the morning with a coffee and a hearty breakfast but it never seems to happen. I really want to be better but the truth is that when Brett is away all I have for breakfast are a few cups of coffee until lunchtime comes around. I think the problem is that I'm just not a morning person.

Before I started working at home Brett used to wake up at 7 to make me breakfast every morning, just to make sure I had something to eat. (I have the best husband in the world I know).

But every now and then I get inspired and decide to cook something yummy for breakfast. Today it was the leftover Kale from last night's dinner that inspired me to make an omelette. It was fabulous!

Fry bacon and wilt Kale



Zelda doesn't share my poor breakfast habits. She happily noms milk and cookies any time of the day :)

Bacon, Haloumi and Kale Omelette

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons olive oil or butter
2 eggs, whisked
1 cup Kale, finely diced
Quarter of a red onion
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
A small handfull of diced bacon or 1 rash chopped
2 slices haloumi, grilled
2 slices of cheese
Basil and oregano
Salt
Pepper

Instructions:   

  1. Fry bacon until crispy. Set aside.
  2. Cook Kale in a saucepan until wilted. Set aside.
  3. Grill haloumi. Set aside.
  4. Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan  
  5. Lightly beat 2 eggs and add to pan
  6. Add remaining ingredients and cook for a few minutes until set
  7. Fold omelette and serve

Hope you're having a good day!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment